A Delightful Raw Vegan Orange Blueberry “Cheesecake”
When life gives you fresh blueberries, make blueberry cheesecake. Though having fresh blueberries may sound like the most common thing to you when you live in the tropics fresh berries are a rarity. But I’m on a mission to grow my own. More about that to come 😉
If you are no stranger to my blog then you might know I’m crazy for berries. Add one loving hubby to the mix and fresh blueberries it is!!! Isn’t that love? He actually brought me fresh blueberries and raspberries from Europe!
My hubby knows how to surprise me! That’s for sure. No need to buy me fancy or expensive gifts… my love can easily be bought with food hahaha! Happy belly, happy me! So let’s thank my hubby for this lovely creation. It might even be the best vegan dessert I ever made.
For the crust
- 3/4 cup unsalted raw nuts (I used a mix of raw almond and cashews)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
Orange Cheesecake Layer
- 1.5 cup unsalted raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1.4 cup maple syrup (raw honey for non-vegans works too)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange cheesecake mix
- 2 tbsp dried goji berries
- 2-4 tbsp coconut flakes
For the crust
- Add the mixed nuts to a high-speed blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to break them up. Add the remaining ingredients and process until it comes together.
- Press the mixture firmly into a spring or tart form pan.
- Set aside in the fridge.
For the orange cheesecake layer
- Soak cashews for at least 1 hour. The longer you soak them the creamier they get! Overnight is best. I soaked mine for 4 hours.
- Combine all ingredients, except the orange zest, in a high-speed blender and process until creamy, smooth paste. Stir in the zest with a spoon or fork.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture for the blueberry layer. Pour the rest on the nutty crust and let sit in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes to harden.
- Blend blueberries and 1/4 cup of the orange cheesecake mixture. Pour over the cheesecake layer and freeze until firm but not frozen.
- Top with goji berries and coconut flakes.
Optional: serve with espresso or matcha green tea. CLICk HERE to get my favorite matcha latte recipe.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes
If you want to reset your body from the inside out, click here to access a 10-day whole food fruit and veggie detox that won’t leave you hungry or short in nutrients