Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse
While it is hard to beat the rich and overpowering flavor of a traditional dark Belgian chocolate mousse, this healthy “Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse” comes pretty close! And since it is made with healthy superfoods and no refined sugar you can eat this one practically every day!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the mousse
- 1 avocado
- 3-4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or 2-3 pitted and chopped dates to sweeten things up (raw honey for non-vegans works too)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (or other milk of your choice, almond or hazelnut milk is delicious too)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
FYI: want to learn how to make your own nut and seed milks, click here for a full tutorial
- Sliced unsalted almonds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Goji berries
Directions (prep: 5 min)
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocado. Combine with other mousse ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend/process until the desired consistency. Add a little bit more coconut milk (or other milk of your choice) if needed.
- Sprinkle mousse with pumpkin seeds, goji berries, and chopped almonds. Or any other toppings you like. Delicious with fresh berries too.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes
If you want to reset your body from the inside out, click here to access a 10-day whole food fruit and veggie detox that won’t leave you hungry or short in nutrients