Roasted Pumpkin Salad with Feta, Arugula, and Balsamic Mustard Dressing
Fall screams pumpkin. Although we enjoy pumpkin recipes all year long, this typical fall recipe will warm you up! This quick and easy roasted pumpkin salad is served with feta, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), arugula and a simple balsamic mustard dressing for a healthy and nourishing lunch low in calories.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the roasted pumpkin salad
- 3-4 cups butternut/pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), or other seeds of your choice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups arugula. shredded
- 3-4 ounce feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
FYI: when it comes to coconut oil, refined doesn’t necessarily means a bad thing. Click here to learn the difference between extra-virgin and refined coconut oil.
For the balsamic dressing
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Add pumpkin to a baking sheet. Season with cumin, salt,and pepper to taste. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 15-20 minutes (depending on how big the pieces are, the smaller the cubes, the faster it goes). Then add pumpkin seeds and roast for another 10 minutes. Toss every 10-15 minutes to cook evenly.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine roasted pumpkin, arugula, and feta. Drizzle with mustard dressing and toss to combine.
Not sure what to cook or how to cook healthy meals to improve your family’s health and happiness? Join YourHealhy.Menu for weekly, personalized meal plans; shopping lists; personal support; shop promotions; and much more.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen”, for healthy, clean and delicious recipes