Red Beet Hummus with Black Sesame Seed Tahini
Are you looking for a healthy, quick and tasty snack or appetizer? Look no further, this red beet hummus with veggie sticks is our latest addiction. I’m sure it will be love at first bite. Though I have made quite a few hummus recipes in my life, this is just the best one ever.
I even turned one of my hummus-hating friends, yes they do exist, into a hummus lover. Is it the red beet or the roasted black sesame seeds, I do not know. But magic has been created in my blender, that’s for sure.
If you cannot find black sesame seeds, use the white ones. But we just love the taste of toasted black sesame seeds.
ALSO READ: 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Hummus
For the veggie sticks
- 1 big carrot, cut in sticks
- 1 daikon radish, cut into sticks
For the tahini
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
FYI makes too much tahini, but you cannot half the recipe or your blender/food processor will have a hard time turning the seeds into a paste-like consistency. If you are using a big blender you might even need to double the recipe. But no worries, store the tahini in an airtight container in the fridge for later. You will want to make this hummus more often. Believe me 😋
For the red beet hummus
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2-3 tbsps of the black sesame tahini
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup raw red beet, cubed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small lime, juice only
- Toast black sesame seeds in a dry pan until fragrant.
- Blend toasted seeds and olive oil in a small food processor or blender to make a paste. I like to keep a crunch in my tahini, so I did not blend until a smooth paste. But if that is what you like… keep blending until smooth!
- For the hummus: combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth texture.
- Seve with veggie sticks.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes
If you want to reset your body from the inside out, click here to access a 10-day whole food fruit and veggie detox that won’t leave you hungry or short in nutrients