Marinated Carrot Salad Topped with Crispy Herb-infused Chickpeas
Simple, yummy, and hearty no-cook dinner or lunch salad. Leftovers can be packed for work too.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the carrots
- 1.5 cup carrots, thinly sliced into circles (I used a mandoline for this)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1.5 cup cooked chickpeas, (½ cup dried = 1.5 cup cooked = 1 15 oz can drained)
- ½ tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix all marinated carrot ingredients in a small bowl. Marinate for at least 20-30 minutes in the fridge. The longer the better. Overnight is best.
- In a skillet or pan, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Fry cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika powder, and garlic powder for a few seconds or until fragrant. Stir/toss to make sure they don’t burn.
- When fragrant add chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through and nicely browned.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes
If you want to reset your body from the inside out, click here to access a 10-day whole food fruit and veggie detox that won’t leave you hungry or short in nutrients