Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Make the perfect healthy homemade granola with this easy-to-follow recipe. Tweak it to your personal needs. This energy-boosting granola will transform your breakfast routine. Unlike the store-bought varieties, this recipe only contains whole foods and a little natural sugar. It’s also free from colorants, preservatives or other nasty chemicals.
And the best part… it so easy to make that it will make you wonder why you have been buying store-bought granola all the time.
Feel free to double, triple, etc.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 cups rolled oats (certified GF if needed) uncooked (aka old fashion oats)
- ½ cup raw unsalted mixed nuts, we used cashews, hazelnuts, and almonds), chopped or whole
- ⅛ cup raw unsalted mixed, seeds sunflower or pumpkin seeds are great
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried fruit chopped (optional), we used goji berries
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey or a combo of both
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- pinch sea salt
Instructions (prep: 5 min, cook 10 min)
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150°C). Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your clean hands or a fork to mix well and toss to coat. If using your hands, it will be sticky and messy, but that’s the fun part, no?
- The coconut oil might be liquid or solid depending on the room temperature (it has a melting point of 75° F (about 25°C). Your hands will warm it up and melt it into the mixture if it’s solid, just be sure to mix it all through the other ingredients, so there aren’t any chunks of oil left. If using a fork to mix, make sure the oil is liquefied.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until toasted and browned.
- Cool before serving or storing. Can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
Made a lovely summer breakfast bowl with watermelon, homemade cultured coconut yogurt, and freshly made homemade granola. Yum!
Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe Notes
This is a basic recipe with flexible ingredients, so don’t worry too much about being exact. This is a great recipe to experiment and fine-tune to your liking!
Lovely with raw cacao, nibs too!
Not sure what to cook or how to cook healthy meals to improve your family’s health and happiness? Join YourHealhy.Menu for weekly, personalized meal plans; shopping lists; personal support; shop promotions; and much more.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen”, for healthy, clean and delicious recipes