20-Minute Dinner: Grilled Red Snapper Filet with Cherry Tomatoes and Avocado Salsa and Minty Watercress Sauce
Today’s recipe is one for my non-vegetarian/vegan friends. While most of our meals are vegetarian or even vegan, we are what they call a flexitarian or semi-vegetarian, we still eat meat or fish 2 to 3 times a week. So after a few requests to share one of my fav fish recipes… a dug deep and I must say, I love this red snapper filet.
For more info about flexitarian diet, click here.
If you don’t commit to a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, fish should be part of your weekly diet. It is packed with essential nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. the latter being very important during the winter months when there is less sunshine. Also, fish is the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for your body and brain
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 10-12 ounce red snapper filet (or any other fish of your liking)
- 1.5-2 cups watercress (or arugula works too)
For the salsa
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup spring onion (scallion), chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 lime or lemon, juice only (use less if using lemon)
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2-1 cup watercress
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 lime or lemon or to taste, juice only
Directions (prep +cook: 30 minutes)
- Cut all vegetables.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill on high heat. Drizzle fish fillets with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Oil grill grates and place the filets on the grill.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the fish filet is.
- No grill available, your pan will do just fine, cook fish on each side until nicely browned and cooked through.
- While the fish is cooking combine all salsa ingredients and toss to combine.
- Top fish with minty watercress sauce and serve with salsa and watercress.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes