Avocado Rainbow Salad with Basil-Lemon Vinaigrette
The fresh crunch of the bell pepper and red (or purple) cabbage pairs wonderfully with the refreshing homemade basil-lemon dressing.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad
- 2 cups salad greens of your choice
- 1/2 cup green peas (frozen) thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomato halved
- 1/4 cup spring onion (scallion) chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (capsicum, any color) thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
For the basil lemon vinaigrette
- 1 lime/lemon juice only (use less if using lemon, ½ lime = 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup/honey
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Instructions (prep: 10 min)
To make the lemon basil vinaigrette: Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and emulsified. Add a little bit water if needed.
- You can also pulse everything together in a food processor. Taste, add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine. Drizzle with lemon basil dressing and serve!
Not sure what to cook or how to cook healthy meals to improve your family’s health and happiness? Join YourHealhy.Menu for weekly, personalized meal plans; shopping lists; personal support; shop promotions; and much more.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen”, for healthy, clean and delicious recipes