Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
Yummy low-calorie dish. Enjoy warm or cold. Delicious either way. Works without the mozzarella cheese too.
Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad Ingredients (serves 2)
For the roasted veggies
- ½ pound green asparagus, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or melted coconut oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the salad
- 3 cups arugula or rocket lettuce
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Directions (prep: 5 min; cook: 15-20 min)
- Preheat oven to 400° or 200°C.
- Add cherry tomatoes and asparagus to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Toss in the middle to roast evenly.
- When ready, add arugula to a plate, top with roasted veggies and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
Take-along tip: make sure the veggies are completely cool before adding them to a container. Add arugula on top.
For easy, healthy and yummy recipes, personalized weekly meal plans, and shopping lists, check out my meal planning website “YourHealthy.Menu” here:
Ohh and if you are looking for a way to live a healthy lifestyle while eating delicious, colorful meals and losing or maintaining weight the healthy way, click here