Antioxidant-rich Salad with Pineapple and Peanut Butter Dressing
Who is up for a simple, nutrient dense, colorful salad? Though I was never a huge peanut butter fan, ever since I made my own I’m hooked. Not only to peanut butter but nearly every nut or seed butter you can think of.
What about you are you a nut or seed butter lover too! Ever thought of making your own chemical-free variation? CLICK HERE for a full tutorial. It’s super easy, you’ll see!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the peanut butter dressing
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (or 1-inch)
- 1/2 tsp chili paste, or to taste
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juice only (use less if using lemon)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut butter (homemade if possible)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- sea salt to taste
For the salad
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 cup salad greens of your choice
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small blender and process until smooth. Add more coconut milk if needed. Add sea salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Toss to combine and finish with peanut butter dressing.
Don’t forget to download my FREE Book “Amy’s Home Kitchen,” for healthy, clean and delicious recipes
If you want to reset your body from the inside out, click here to access a 10-day whole food fruit and veggie detox that won’t leave you hungry or short in nutrients