How to Use Green Tea Bags for Skin Care
For many generations, green tea has been widely used in China to cure headaches, depression, and other health problems. Nowadays, it has become a popular drink across the world not just for its healing properties but because of its excellent ability to hydrate the body and protect the skin from pathogens (bacteria or viruses).
Green tea contains high amounts of phytochemicals, amino acids, and enzymes. It is also rich in potassium, folate, manganese, magnesium, caffeine and B vitamins. Antioxidants bind free radicals and prevent them from harming the skin.
ALSO READ: 8 Impressive Health Benefits Of Green Tea
How to Use Green Tea Bags for Skin and Gain its Benefits
1. Fights Acne and Pimples
Green tea has an antibacterial agent, known as “catechins,” which fights off bacteria and helps to regulate hormone imbalances that cause pimples or acne. Its anti-inflammatory component can effectively reduce inflammation and redness of these skin breakouts.
- Put a bag of green tea in a basin with hot water.
- Wait until the water is cool.
- Wash your face and skin with brewed green tea.
- Allow it to penetrate your skin for 15 minutes then rinse using plain water.
- Dry your face and skin. Moisturize.
- Do this daily until your pimples or acne has cleared up.
ALSO READ: Homemade Acne Treatment for Clear Skin
2. Shrinks Large or Open Pores
Green tea is an excellent skin toner. It helps reduce large pores and eliminates impurities that make your skin look dull. Large pores are the first sign of premature aging. To fight this condition, a green tea treatment should be part of your daily regimen.
- Brew 2 green tea bags in hot, boiling water.
- Remove the tea bags and let it cool down.
- Add few drops of lavender essential oil, tea tree oil or your preferred essential oil.
- Transfer the green tea solution in a spray bottle. Apply/spray it twice a day onto your face.
- Another way to use it is to make a green tea ice cubes then rub them in a circular motion on your face or skin.
Take note that it is effective to use for people with rosacea, psoriasis and other skin conditions.
3. Combats Aging Symptoms
The anti-aging properties of green tea especially the polyphenols neutralize free radicals that bring premature aging. Some of the symptoms include age spots, pigmentations, wrinkles, sun damage, fine lines, sagging skin, and other blemishes.
To use as a mask:
- Mix 1 tbsp. of green tea leaves with 3 tbsp. plain yogurt, a pinch of turmeric powder, and rosewater (or plain water) to make a paste mask.
- Apply it to your face or skin and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. Moisturize.
- Apply it once or twice weekly.
4. Exfoliates Dead Skin and Dirt
Green tea, when combined with sugar, removes dirt and dead cells in the skin. Regular use of green tea treatment keeps the skin clean and hydrated.
- Brew 2 bags of green tea in a basin. Put boiling water and leave until it cools down.
- Add 3 tbsp. sugar.
- Massage it in a circular motion to exfoliate oils, dirt, and other skin impurities.
- Do it once or twice weekly to maintain a radiant skin.
Keep your skin radiant and glowing. Hydrate, tone and exfoliate using these green tea for skin care solutions.